DIY and Recession Home Decor: Thumbtacks


It's been a long time since I have updated. I have been busy with my Etsy shop and babysitting jobs. However, I am so excited about my next series of posts. Since I consider myself a housewife (minus the kiddos+kritters) I am always looking for cheap ways to decorate my home. I don't know what it is about blank walls that bother me. Being that my husband and I are both designers, we really appreciate handmade things I'm sure he wants to create some paintings for our home too but he just doesn't have the time. Anyway, today's post will feature thumbtack art. SWARM-I found this post on Apartment Therapy that another blogger submitted. Such a clever idea! Especially if you have walls that are totally ruined. You won't have any regrets adding some more holes in there! It's also versatile, you can easily come up with different words and phrases. The second set of photos are by Eno Henze. I also found the original post on AT. The artist uses pushpins with round heads to create this ephemeral piece. I LOVE concept art. Especially those using simple materials. I always wish I would have come up with the idea myself! So if you have walls that are ready for another round of beatings, go to your local bargain store and pick up some pushpins!

Comments

I agree! This tack idea is awesome! I looked for a link to your Etsy store, but couldn't find?
Kristina J.
LaShay said…
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. Oh and here is a link to my etsy shop. http://www.etsy.com/shop/hotdogsandpoodles

Hope you like my items!